NPC conducted an analysis of the funding and service provision structures of Minnesota’s adult drug and D.W.I. courts. The project included five objectives:
- Identify service and funding structures;
- Identify obstacles to optimal service delivery;
- Determine reasons for funding inequities;
- Recommend alternatives for funding and service structures; and
- Develop a methodology for a cost-benefit analysis of Minnesota’s drug courts.
The information gathered through this project allowed for the creation of a detailed description and flow-chart illustrating the funding streams, funding amounts, and service delivery structures of Minnesota’s drug courts. In addition, the project resulted in a series of recommendations for the State to consider regarding how to provide drug court services in the most efficient and equitable manner.